I decide to breathe by Amna Rashid

by - Thursday, April 25, 2019


Greyness of clouds and the shades of my life. Carrying the sand in my hand slinking away and sitting by the sea, I look at the water so deep and ponder over the waves. Sounds of nature cherish my ears while I think of the clouds shadowing my life and dream about the day they'll finally rain and wash away all my sorrows and grief and then rainbow will take shape and color the stage and I'll dance joyfully on it.

The sand leaves stealthily and I stare at my empty hands and I now think of how I want the clouds to shed away and rain but I also don't want it to mud my feet, I want to walk in it as smooth as I can. I need the rainbow to delight me but I don't want it to end and want it to remain forever. And now I just think of all the impossibles I want along with the possibles. I want good to happen and then I want it to persist for long.

The water touches my feet and the coldness of it soothes me and now I think of the human heart which always wants, one thing or other; wants and then wants more and then wants it for eternity. These unending desires and wants and longings keep sparkling, and between these sparkles he gets a few moments to actually sit and be quiet and be grateful and be contented and just, breathe. Breathe without fancying more. Breathe without crying for less, and shouting for more. Breathe the way he should breathe, the way he deserves to breathe.

Tears of cloud fall on my shoulder as I feel them and I just stay there for a while and see them creeping slowly in the sky and I just close my eyes and clear my head and before my heart starts sparkling again, I decide to breathe for a while.

You May Also Like

0 comments

INSTAGRAM