Book Review: How Doctors Think

by - Monday, June 14, 2010

How Doctors Think
by Jerome Groopman MD

A must-read for all aspiring doctors and a perfect present for your colleagues. The book focuses on cognitive errors made by doctors which result in faulty diagnosis. It emphasizes on different behavior patterns, emotions and personal experiences of a doctor that help in shaping his diagnosis and carry his practice. The book gives multiple cases in detail and refers to multiple researches and studies. The former keeps the book highly interesting while the latter gives authenticity to the content. The book is very informative and is bound to give you a better insight of your decision making power and improve it. the best thing is that the authors style is not preaching at all and you skim through the whole thing without feeling burdened at all. I only have 6 months of clinical experience and a life time of being on patient’s side of the table but I felt that I could relate to the book very well. Over all I would say it’s a good book and I rate it 5 out of 5.

My opinion could be biased due to my certain freakish interest in studying human behavior these days!

You May Also Like

0 comments

INSTAGRAM