IT RAINED TODAY

by - Friday, April 06, 2012

Poem " IT RAINED TODAY"

It rained today,
after months of waiting.
I didn't feel the clouds come,
Till my soul itself was drenched.

I've got my Rainbow back,
Should I wear it like a crown?
Or put it in my tea?
Drinking rainbow-coloured drinks,
For all Eternity.

It rained,Oh How it Rained!
I've finally realized,
That God never meant me,
to be dry,or under-sized,
Cramped,or standardized.

My own sweet set of "talents",
Whatever they may be,
Never served me better than,
Now,for they have set me free.

My "talent",(nothing special),
Of smiling,trying to smile,
I thought that it was stupid,
to smile all the while.

Or this common "art" of loving,
Whatever I did best.
I tried to give it up-something,
I'm ashamed of,I confess.

But now the rainbow's whispered,
In decibles so sweet,
that I am only human,
and my right to be at peace,
is undeniable,and no one
can ever violate,
this right to be happy,
in my rain-drenched state.

zara naveed third yr.

You May Also Like

3 comments

  1. 'My own sweet set of talents... Never served me better' Loved it!! :)) As apparent, poetic talent is one of them :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. My "talent",(nothing special),
    Of smiling,trying to smile,
    I thought that it was stupid,
    to smile all the while.

    Or this common "art" of loving,
    Whatever I did best.
    I tried to give it up-something,
    I'm ashamed of,I confess.


    Highly relate-able <3

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM