Ode To Physiology

by - Thursday, October 27, 2011

Lying here with an open Guyton on my bed
Counter current mechanism going on somewhere
And um thinking about what she did n what he said
Gotta get these thoughts out of my head
The proffs just around the corner
I gotta focus on whats written here instead
     I know If I fail I can’t blame anyone but me
     But I seem to be interested in everything except physiology
I remember our last exam like it was yesterday
Sweat dropping, sheets passing
Hushed whispers every where as time slipped away
And I wondered why I can’t get even a single mcq
How the hell they make them? Are they even English?
I looked at my friend but found her clueless too…
     She told me she left a note, I told her, I left three
     Did 2 wrong, but then this is physiology…..
So I move on and on, forgetting whats written on the previous page
Stressed out I close my eyes
And start cursing poor Guyton in my rage
Wondering if I’ll ever get to read these 200 pages of circulation
And remember all these terminologies and etilogies
The bloody anemias, the stenosis and that damned regurgitation
     I swear I never would have scored high in fsc
     If I knew about the dreaded subject known as physiology..
One minute um reading this confusing paragraph
Thinking about it really hard
And before you know it um dozing off……………….
When I wake up,I tell my self, rest is good for my brain
Now um going to study till late at night
But before reading the next para, um asleep again
     So I turn some loud music on and gulp down gallons of coffee
     Trying to win the fatal battle against this damned physiology…:/

You May Also Like

7 comments

  1. very well explained !
    that is exactly how we all feel about physiology !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aisha awesum!!!!i never knew u had a poetic side :P seriously very well written :D copy to nai mari na :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy reading your blog. So I've nominated you for the versatile blogger award! :D
    But there are certain requirements you must fulfill in order to accept the award. So check out the details on my blog post here: http://ruminations-nt.blogspot.com/2011/12/versatile-blogger-award.html
    Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. exactly my story :-/ Y guyton so lengthy n boring...:-/i couldnt even ggive it a read :-/

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM